Media Information PrimeWay At A Glance
- We were organized in April 1937 as Houston Telephone Federal Credit Union and changed our name to PrimeWay Federal Credit Union in 2003.
- Membership is open to our Select Employer Group and anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in the City of Houston, most of Harris County, and Fort Bend, and Washington Counties.
- PrimeWay Federal Credit Union is owned by its members, and the Board of Directors is a group of members serving voluntarily.
- Member-owned means profits are invested to lower interest rates on loans, raise dividends on deposits and provide outstanding member service.
- PrimeWay Federal Credit Union’s average member saves $161 every year in fees and costs compared to other financial institutions.
- Membership starts with a $25 savings account deposit, and every member has one vote – no matter how much money they have in their account.
- With more than 50,000 members and approximately $460 million in assets, PrimeWay Federal Credit Union is large enough to offer quality products and services at a great value, without sacrificing the ability to get to know our members.
- PrimeWay Federal Credit Union operates 6 locations in the Houston area with more than 3,500 Shared Service Centers available to serve its members.
Financial Information can be obtained from the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) the government regulator for credit unions.
Need More Information Contact: