Difficulty Making Mobile Check Deposits? Here’s Why…
Mobile check deposit is a feature many of us love – when we can get it to work. Below are a few tips if you experience issues with completing your Mobile Check Deposit:
- Always Endorse a Check Before Depositing – Be sure that your signature is endorsed on the back of the check. In addition to your signature, you may want to write your account number on the back of the check, and “For Mobile Deposit Only” under your signature.
- More Than One Payee on a Check – If there are two people listed on the check, you will need to include both of their signatures to endorse the check properly. So don’t forget to include both signatures.
- Images Are Blurry – Be sure to take a clear picture of both sides of the check. If the images of your check aren’t captured clearly, this could result in a delay of depositing the check. Use may decide to use a dark background to lay your check against so that it captures the lighter color (image) of your paper check.
- Amounts Don’t Match – Be sure that you type the correct deposit amount into the app before you take a picture of the check. If these amounts do not match, the check amount cannot be verified, so you will not be able to make the deposit.
- No Payee Indicated – If the Paid to the Order of line (your name) is blank on the check, you will not be able to deposit the check. Before attempting to deposit a check, be sure that all crucial areas of information are written down – such as payee, check amount and payer’s signature.
- Duplicate Deposit – If you’ve already deposited a check, you will not be able to deposit it again. If you receive an error message that indicates you have already deposited a check (but you have no recollection of doing so), contact your trusted financial institution’s customer care department.
If you’ve ever run into issues when using mobile check deposit features, we’ve got you covered with some quick tips.
Need a Mobile Banking App You Can Count On?
PrimeWay’s mobile app is a money management tool that will help you manage your transactions smoothly, anywhere, anytime – and hassle-free. PrimeWay’s Mobile App also includes other features for managing your transactions:
- View Accounts
- Pay bills
- Transfer Money
- Remotely Deposit Checks
- Find a Retail Center or ATM
For making mobile check deposits, PrimeWay’s mobile app offers a Remote Deposit Capture that quickly captures your check details for a swift, accurate remote check deposit. While it’s a good idea to be mindful of the tips listed above when making a mobile check deposit, our app includes an easy to use interface, with an accurate mobile deposit capture feature.